Pink Carousel Nails

Saturday, July 20, 2013

For some reason this manicure reminds me of a carousel. No there's no micro-sized horses prancing across my nails but I get this overall impression of a carousel.

OPI Sparrow Me the Drama is the base colour with OPI Rally Pretty Pink and butter LONDON Molly Coddled offering accent details.

Sparrow Me the Drama is honestly such a beautiful creme polish. It's a subdued pink, a pastel if you will, sort of like a dusty rose colour. Now before that conjures up thoughts of bad 80's decor, believe me it's a great shade of pink.

Rally Pretty Pink is another great polish. It's a sparkle polish which overall I would say is a rose gold shade but as you can see in the pictures it can look a bit more golden, more pink, or even a bit purple depending on the light. I have it layered over Sparrow Me the Drama.

Here I go again but Molly Coddled is another pretty polish. This is also a creme polish and also a pastel. It's a purple but I'd say almost a pink-purple. You can see another mani using it here.

Together these three polishes make for a beautifully light manicure. It may not remind you of a carousel but it sure looks pretty among the flowers!





4 comments

  1. I really, really love this look! The last photo is gorgeous! I do get a carousel vibe from this too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Caitlin!! I'm glad you see it too, I think it's the ring finger that reminds me most of a carousel.

      Delete
  2. Love the color and the background is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the comment! Yes, Nature is almost always one of the best backdrops :)

      Delete

© Caitlin Swatches - indie nail polish blog. Design by FCD.