Summer Sunset Ombre Sponge Gradient Nails

Sunday, July 28, 2013

I love the summer heat. I especially love hot summer evenings, particularly as the sun is setting. This mani is my attempt at capturing the blazing hot beauty that is summertime. This is my first ever sponge gradient mani and I am pleased as punch with it! It was a lot easier than I thought it would be and I will definitely be doing more of these. I used China Glaze Peachy Keen as my base and then sponged on Joe Fresh Pineapple (I don't support Joe Fresh but had purchased this before the tragedy at their Bangladesh factory), OPI A Roll in the Hague and Wet 'n' Wild Red A Good Book. I love the effect of these colors together and it definitely is appropriate for the summer weather. 

Also, we have been experimenting with photography lately and thought our nails would be the perfect subjects! Expect more of these kinds of photos (along with the regular swatch-style ones) in the future/from now on. Hope you enjoy and thanks for reading!


L-R: Joe Fresh Pineapple, Wet 'n' Wild Red A Good Book, OPI A Roll in the Hague, China Glaze Peachy Keen







4 comments

  1. Very very sweet combination :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE it! I have yet to try an ombré manicure--this is beautiful. Tha you for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's so much fun. I want to do them all the time now! Thanks for commenting :)

      Delete

© Caitlin Swatches - indie nail polish blog. Design by FCD.