Swatches and Review - Fiendish Fancies Feature 2: Aliens Collection

Monday, September 14, 2015





Another week has passed and we have Fiendish Fancies' Feature 2: Aliens Collection to share with you today. This is a really fun and eclectic (in the best sense of the word) collection of polishes and we think you will like them as much as we do (which is a lot). This set of 6 polishes is inspired by the classic films of Ridley Scott and James Cameron.


Who's Laying These Eggs? is a "golden army green/gold shifter inspired by the Alien Queen's nest of ovum." I don't know about you but the thought of alien ovum kind of horrifies me out but this polish is so gorgeous! I don't think pictures do it justice because it's so complex and unique. The formula is buttery and reminds me a lot of Enchanted Polish circa the Beatles collection (the good old days). I used 3 coats plus top coat. It starts out sheer but builds perfectly and easily. Who's Laying These Eggs is my favorite from the collection.


Jonesy is a "Ginger-beige pearlescent shimmer Marmalade kitties." This polish is definitely not my personal cup of tea but I think a lot of people will really like it. I had some issues with streakiness on this one but overall it wasn't a deal breaker because this polish is so unique and delicate. It's a fun neutral because of the pearlescent finish. This is 2 coats plus top coat.


Next up is Get Away From Her (You Bitch) which is a "Speckled neon yellow with chunky black glitter inspired by Loaders and Airlocks." I chose to layer this one over OPI Did It On 'Em and I really like how it turned out. The base was different enough that the yellow glitter was still visible. You can definitely wear this on its own in 3 or 4 coats depending on nail length and your preference for VNL or not. This is one coat over the OPI with top coat. I did have to fish around a bit for the black glitters but they came up easily and it was worth the extra effort. 


A Xenomorph May Be Involved is a "metallic silver black microfine glitter inspired by Secreted resin and Alien jaws." Now I really love this polish too. This one was opaqe in two coats and smoothed out beautifully with top coat. I love the microglitter in here because it makes this polish so sparkly and adds a lot of depth. I will definitely be wearing this again. 


No Indigenous Life is a "indigo/blue shimmer with scattered holographic glitter Inspired by The foggy twilight of LV-426." What a stunner! The formula on No Indigeous Life is similar to Who's Laying These Eggs which is to say buttery and flawless. This is 3 coats and top coat but it dries really glossily on its own which is always a plus. This polish is also super complex with holo sparkle and a stunning shimmer. We will definitely be wearing this again too! 


And last but not least is A Little Twitchy which is a "milky pearl white with iridescent glitter inspired by the (Alien) Queen taking Bishop (apart); Ripley smashing Ash." This polish is great. I love a good white polish and this one is no exception. The pearly white finish and iridescent glitter stole my heart. I also love the inspiration behind it and the creative interpretation by Fiendish Fancies. This is 3 coats and no top coat so you can see how shiny and smooth it is on its own. 

Overall, this is a stellar collection. I would say the only polish that isn't perfect is Jonesy because of the issues I had with streaks. The wear time on these polishes is great too. We got 3 days without any chips and minimal tip wear before removing the polish at the end of day three. These polishes are beautiful interpretations of Alien classics!

The Complete Aliens Collection is now available in the Fiendish Fancies shop as a set or in individual bottles. You can follow Fiendish Fancies on Facebook and Instagram for updates and more swatches from other bloggers. *Products were provided for our honest review.*

Post a Comment

© Caitlin Swatches - indie nail polish blog. Design by FCD.