CrowsToes Mr. Average Joe American

Tuesday, October 24, 2017

CrowsToes Nail Color is one of the first indie brands I bought from Llarowe back in 2013 or maybe even earlier! Laurie (the brains behind CrowsToes) is an OG indie maker and I have mad respect for all those ladies. True pioneers in the world of indie nail polish. It's been years since I've purchased a CrowsToes Nail Color so I picked up Mr. Average from the August Polish Pickup shop. 

CrowsToes Mr. Average Joe American Polish Pickup Old Hollywood

CrowsToes Mr. Average Joe American is inspired by the actor, Gary Cooper who has these super blue eyes! This lacquer is described as "a medium blue leaning slate scattered with a mix of tiny gunmetal, iridescent blue glitters, and a dusting of micro holo topped off with a tint of purple shimmer for good measure." 

CrowsToes Mr. Average Joe American Polish Pickup Old Hollywood

This description is very accurate and I am wearing 3 coats plus top coat. I struggled with the application on this one - I found it very clumpy and not super smooth. I had to apply 3 coats to cover bald spots and any imperfections. I also needed 2 layers of top coat to smooth it to my liking as it contains larger glitters. I can't say I loved this polish based on my experience but I really wanted to! I love the iridescent glitters and the colour but it just didn't feel like it was worth the effort so Mr. Average Joe American has been rehomed to someone who will love him more than I. Everyone is happy, all is well. 

CrowsToes Mr. Average Joe American Polish Pickup Old Hollywood

Follow Polish Pickup on Instagram and join the Polish Pickup Pack on Facebook to see all the other polishes available this month.

CrowsToes Nail Color links:

Post a Comment

© Caitlin Swatches - indie nail polish blog. Design by FCD.