Why I'm A REN Clean Skincare Fanatic

Tuesday, January 15, 2019

It all started in February 2017. I went into my local Sephora on my lunch break to find a moisturizer because my skin was feeling really dry and it was then that I was introduced to REN Clean Skincare for the first time. Ever since then, REN is pretty much all I use for my skin care routine. For reference, my skin is sensitive and very dry though my T-zone can get oily and I am acne-prone (due to hormones and stress). I have tried many brands of skin care before and even a few since being introduced to REN but nothing compares. My name is Caitlin and I am a REN Clean Skincare fanatic. 

REN Clean Skincare review


REN Clean Skincare Gentle Cleansing Milk review

I will start with the products I use to cleanse my skin. The REN Evercalm Gentle Cleansing Milk has become my go-to cleanser. I think I am on my third bottle now which has been reformulated with the most recent bottle to be "even more clean" though I think I preferred to previous iteration. This version might be a bit more drying which is not what I want right now in the dead of winter. 

The second cleanser shown is REN ClearCalm 3 Clarifying Clay Cleanser (not sure what the 3 is about though) which I use in the Summer months when my skin is bit more oily through the t-zone. This is really nice and cleansing because of the clay. Like all REN products, it has a lovely natural scent which my sister hates but I love. 

Lastly in the cleansing category is the REN Rosa Centifolia No.1 Purity Cleansing Balm. I don't use this everyday, just when I want to double cleanse (I think that's what that means). This balm is a lovely rose-infused, hydrating cleansing balm that transforms from an oil to a creamy milk. This scent is to die for and it works so well on days when I have applied SPF to my face (just to make sure it's all off). 

REN Clean Skincare Glycolic Radiance Mask review

I had never used a mask until REN. Well, I had. It was one of those gross ones from the dollar store and I think I was 10 years old. My skin is very sensitive and dry and acne-prone. It's kind of a mess so I need to treat it right and this mask is amazing. The REN Glycol Lactic Radiance Renewal Mask transforms my skin after use. No joke my skin is so smooth I can't even believe it's my face. REN says it lifts dead skin and resurfaces to dramatically improve skin tone, texture, firmness, and radiance, while minimizing the appearance of pores and reducing sun damage, hyperpigmentation, and old acne scars. I believe it. Truly amazing product that you really only need to use once or twice a week so it will last forever. Definitely worth the price and works WONDERS. Your skin glows for the days after use. 

REN Clean Skincare Evercalm Serum review

Moisture! I am the worst and still barely moisturize my skin but when I do, I only use REN. What I haven't photographed because I think I had run out is my HOLY GRAIL moisturizer: REN Evercalm Global Protection Day Cream. I absolutely love that moisturizer and it is perfect for the winter months when my skin is so dry and flaking off. Paired with the REN Evercalm Anti-Redness Serum is perfection for extra moisture retention. The serum has hyaluronic acid which I love for my skin. 

The moisturizer that's pictured in this post is the REN Clearcalm 3 Replenishing Gel Cream which is apparently discontinued?! I'm devastated. Okay, well it isn't on the Sephora site but the USA REN website has it so maybe it's just being reformulated or repackaged like the cleanser. This was the perfect light moisturizer for the Summer months when I want something light to layer with SPF if I remember. I hope they bring something comparable out by the time Summer gets here. 

REN Clean Skincare Keep Young and Beautiful review

Last but not least are the REN Keep Young and Beautiful products I use. I just used up the REN Keep Young And Beautiful Firm And Lift Eye Cream (also not on the Sephora Canada website right now) and it was probably the least exciting of the REN products I have tried. I'm not sure I saw much of a difference over time or immediately. It was nice and light under my eyes but I don't think it works as well as other eye creams I have used. 

Lastly is the REN Keep Young And Beautiful Instant Firming Beauty Shot which I use as the last step in my moisturizing routine. Over the REN moisturizer, I find it does plump up the skin and make it look a little more dewy and healthy. I would say it's best in winter because I found it too heavy once warmer weather came. I am not sure I would repurchase but I did like it. 

Have you ever tried REN Clean Skin Care? Have I convinced you to check them out? All in all, their moisturizers and cleansers are a MUST for me. 

REN Clean Skincare review

Post a Comment

© Caitlin Swatches - indie nail polish blog. Design by FCD.