Pastel Galaxy Nails

Saturday, September 21, 2013

Be forewarned that there a ton of photos in this post! 

Hopefully that doesn't scare you off ;)

I really wanted to paint my nails with Lime Crime's Milky Ways when I got the idea to create a pastel galaxy, using MilkyWays as the base. To ensure a dreamy, ethereal theme I mainly used purple and blue with little hints of orange. I enlisted Caitlin to create this work of art and what a fabulous job she did! I was completely mesmerized by my nails the whole time.

To create the galaxy design she used a sponge to apply bits of colour here and there. There really isn't any strict method just place different colours where you see fit. Then you can add a few dots of colour to suggest stars with a dotting tool or toothpick. You can go allover the nail with a glitter topcoat too.

Colours used to follow pictures...







Base colours: Lime Crime - Milky Ways, Revlon - Lily, China Glaze - Bahamian Escape and Peachy Keen
Glittery Bits: China Glaze - Ultimate Holiday, NYC 101A (super old!!!)

Caitlin fished out little pieces from Candy Lacquer's Diamonds in the Sky to apply the stars and diamonds using a toothpick.








Post a Comment

© Caitlin Swatches - indie nail polish blog. Design by FCD.