Clear Jelly Stamper from Beautometry {Review}

Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Clear Jelly Stamper Beautometry

I have gone on at length about my inability to stamp my nails. I've tried many times but I have never quite succeeded. At Indie Expo Canada 2017, the lovely people at Beautometry gave me a Clear Jelly Stamper to try stamping with. In the VIP bag, I received a stamping polish: Hit the Bottle On the Loose with Chartreuse (IEC LE) and Moyra Stamping Plate Sounds of Your World.

Moyra Stamping Plate Sounds of Your World

So, I gave it one more whirl but the results weren't as awesome or effortless as I had hoped. I'm not sure what the issue was but after speaking to some nail friends who also tried the Moyra plate and Hit the Bottle polish... the plate seems to be the culprit. The designs are very shallow and this might be why I had an almost impossible time picking up the image. I did sort of succeed at one point and here's the photographic evidence! 

Clear Jelly Stamper Beautometry

The Clear Jelly Stamper is a really nice, easy to use stamper. Being able to see through does help with placement and the surface is large enough to work with any nail size.

Clear Jelly Stamper Beautometry

I tried again with another design (the music notes) but it didn't pick up the image completely. Because I'm not a pro, I'm not sure if the issue was me, the plate or the stamper (though I definitely know it was NOT the amazing Hit the Bottle polish). I am going to say it's me and the plate because many others have great success with this stamper. I'm not sure if I will try again or give up completely. Forever. I tried! Again!

Clear Jelly Stamper Beautometry

You can purchase the Clear Jelly Stamper for $10.50 USD from Beautometry


*Clear Jelly Stamper provided by Beautometry for my honest review*

7 comments

  1. Sometimes the combo of a jelly stamper and shimmer stamping polish requires a really fast, light roll to pick up. It took me a bit of practice but now I can get even lightly etched plates to pick up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will have to try that again. I tried every combination of motion with the stamper but I'm also wondering if I need to "prime" the stamper itself? I will have to try again with that in mind. Thank you :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you happen to sign up for one of the stamping tutorials? If not, maybe try that next year? There is a learning curve with clear stampers for sure. As Jenne said below, a super SUPER light scrape, like so light that you are SURE you are leaving too much polish on the plate, plus a super SUPER light and quick roll with the stamper is the key. Think of so light that you don't want to set off a pressure sensor. hehe =) You also have to be major fast from pick up to placement. That is usually my issue. I can get things to stamp if I do it really quickly. If I take too long to make sure it's lined up right, then it's too late.
    good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I definitely should have signed up! Next year :)

    I will try again with super light pressure - I am a bit aggressive in everything I do so that could be it haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am the same way! Try washing it in dishsoap as well, and air drying. If that fails, just have Jenne come and stamp your nails for you ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh crap I just realized I only read half of the name below and it's Polished Hippy not Polished Pathology ( An, not Jenne) ooops. My bad. I was like, where did Jenne's comment go LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jenne or An! They're bith awesome stampers haha

    ReplyDelete

© Caitlin Swatches - indie nail polish blog. Design by FCD.