Why I Love the Nail Polish Community & Polishes from a Sweet Friend

Saturday, March 31, 2018

The world of nail polish is strange. Jezebel even wrote about it back in 2014 and some things have changed but a lot has remained the same. Including the frenzy around "unicorn pee." But, the nail polish world and the community that surrounds it is also really wonderful. I have met amazing people that have become real life friends (I'm looking at you, Natalie) and I've met a lot of other awesome online nail addicts in person (for vegan brunch, in fact!). The polishes in this post were sent to me by another lovely friend (the beautiful Joanie) who I haven't met in person yet but one day we will make it happen! 

Lynnderella May Beauty Be



Just around Christmas I received an unexpected package from Joanie and it made me cry because it was so thoughtful and sweet. It's amazing how you can start an online conversation with someone about nail polish and then you end up speaking on a regular basis about nail polish and lots of other things about your life: relationships, work, school, pets, childhood... the list goes on. 

There is a lot of drama in the nail polish world between restock madness, cart jacking and people being just plain shady and mean. But in between all of that there are super awesome human beings who you never would have met otherwise if not for your sometimes ridiculous love of nail polish. I am so happy to have met so many people through meetups and nail polish at events like Indie Expo Canada (I'll be there again for 2018!). 

So, here's to pretty nails and all the beautiful people I've met because of nail polish. 

Lynnderella May Beauty Be

Colors by Llarowe CBL Lotus

Colors by Llarowe CBL Lotus

Lynnderella Sky-Blue Pink Fairy

Lynnderella Sky-Blue Pink Fairy

Post a Comment

© Caitlin Swatches - indie nail polish blog. Design by FCD.