Celanaste Nail Polish Swatches & Review

Saturday, November 14, 2020

Purchased by me

 I will admit that I have curbed my nail polish spending significantly since about 2017. I used to buy ANYTHING and EVERYTHING I liked. Even if I wasn't sure I liked it that much. Nowadays, I try to spend money only on polishes I believe I will truly love. So, I surprised myself when I splurged recently on these polishes from the Russian nail polish brand, Celanaste, by nail blogger Nastya @u_nona on Instagram. I follow a few Russian nail polish lovers on Instagram and noticed their swatches from the brand. I was always very intrigued and excited. Celanaste is based in Russia and so when the opportunity to participate in a group buy with some fellow Canadians, I jumped at the chance. I don't see many reviews, videos or otherwise online so I hope having some more will help others decide if these polishes are for them. 

A big thanks to Yulia (@vicerimus) for making it possible for me to try these beautiful polishes. 

Overall, I think these polishes are perfect. The formula is incredible with most polishes only needing two coats. The finishes are beautiful, unique and absolutely gorgeous. I can't say enough positive things about these polishes. This brand is Russian so that means these polishes are only available by mail and it takes a loooong time to get to North America. These polishes worked out to about $20 CAD each so they are definitely a luxury brand and they do feel very luxurious in terms of their packaging, bottle weight and formulation. 

I have also never seen swatches of these polishes on anything other than a white skin tone which is definitely not okay for me. I do only want to support brands that show their polishes on a diverse array of skin tones. This is something I commit to doing moving forward - only supporting brands that are BIPOC-friendly and supportive. 

As for me, if you want to see these nail polishes on my white girl hands, then please read on and watch the live swatch video on the Streets Ahead Style YouTube channel.

Celanaste nail polish review swatches


Celanaste nail polish swatches review

Celanaste Vertigo swatch nail polish

Celanaste Vertigo (2 coats) is a bright grape purple jelly packed with what look like crystal chameleon flakes and holo and iridescent shimmer. 

Celanaste Vertigo swatch nail polish

Celanaste Vertigo swatch nail polish

Celanaste Vertigo swatch nail polish

Celanaste Serenity swatch nail polish

Celanaste Serenity (2 coats) is a white crelly with gold flakes, pink hex glitters and a green shimmer. 

Celanaste Serenity swatch nail polish

Celanaste Serenity swatch nail polish

Celanaste Rhapsody swatch nail polish

Celanaste Rhapsody (1 coat over Cirque Colors A Fiori) is a topper with a clear base, black and white hex glitters in various sizes and tiny iridescent flakes. I love love love this one. I can't wait to wear it over everything.

Celanaste Rhapsody swatch nail polish

Celanaste Rhapsody swatch nail polish

Celanaste Rhapsody swatch nail polish

Celanaste Rhapsody swatch nail polish

Celanaste The Pink Panther swatch nail polish

Celanaste The Pink Panther (2 coats) is a hot pink jelly with silver shard flakes. This one is super bright and the formula is very smooth. The flakes lay flat and are smoothed completely with top coat.

Celanaste The Pink Panther swatch nail polish

Celanaste The Pink Panther swatch nail polish

Celanaste Monarch swatch nail polish

Celanaste Monarch (3 coats) is a deep wine red filled with so many tiny hex glitters as well as iridescent and multichrome flakes. This was the only polish that gave me any issues. And it wasn't even much of an issue. I just expected it to be opaque in two but it needed three because the base is quite sheer.

Celanaste Monarch swatch nail polish

Celanaste Monarch swatch nail polish

Celanaste Masquerade swatch nail polish

Celanaste Masquerade (2 coats) is a black jelly packed with iridecscent and colour-shifting colour flakes and tiny hex glitters with a golden green shimmer. The flakes give off a nice rainbowy effect and I love it.

Celanaste Masquerade swatch nail polish

Celanaste Masquerade swatch nail polish

Celanaste Masquerade swatch nail polish

Celanaste Dragon Fruit (3 coats) is a tri-thermal nail polish that goes from red (cold) to lilac (room temp) and light pink/clear (hot) with iridecent flakes and tiny shimmer flakes. WOW! This is so stunning.

Celanaste Dragon Fruit swatch nail polish

Celanaste Dragon Fruit swatch nail polish

Celanaste Dragon Fruit swatch nail polish

Celanaste Dragon Fruit swatch nail polish

Celanaste Dragon Fruit swatch nail polish

Celanaste Cake Pops swatch nail polish

Celanaste Cake Pops (3 coats) is a bone white crelly with black, pink, blue and neon green hex glitters in various sizes. Another adorable polish that I love!

Celanaste Cake Pops swatch nail polish

Celanaste Cake Pops swatch nail polish

Are you intrigued by this brand? I haven't been this excited about nail polish in a long time so these polishes are well worth it for me!

Celanaste links:
Celanaste shop
@celanaste Instagram

Post a Comment

© Caitlin Swatches - indie nail polish blog. Design by FCD.